Monday, December 29, 2014

A poem for mom

A poem for my mom 
By:  Jessica Tolasky 12-27-14

I  wasn't ready to let you go.
Even though It was just your time. 
I can't get that through my mind.
Because I wasn't ready to let you go.

It wasn't meant to be this way.
I'm so sorry for that dreadful day.
Because It wasn't meant to be this way.

The scene of the bedroom floods through my brain, 
The paramedics just should have came. 
I cry in agony over the pain.
Because it wasn't meant to be this way

I reach out and take you by the hand 
and hold you close as your body goes limp and you slip away 
Because it wasn't meant to be this way 

No I scream, this can not be.
This can not be happening to me. 
Please mom, please please stay
This can not be happening this way

Suddenly in a flash,
The paramedics came in a rush
The sound of my sobs muffle your heart's loss. 
It took a few seconds for your life to end
The paramedics tried but just could not win 
It took a few seconds
 for a life time of pain and sorrow to begin.

Mom, will the tears ever dry?
I ask you this as I wipe my eyes.
You fought so hard, but life took it's toll. 
Time will heal, but I just don't think so

Because I wasn't ready to let you go. 


2 comments:

  1. Your poem is a heartbreaking, yet beautiful read. There's nothing else I can say.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete