Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Always Always Remembered, Never Never forgotten

Mom used to say its not fair to use the words ALWAYS and NEVER because they were such strong words, which is very true the more I think about it. If someone says "eww! I hate Broccoli, I never eat it...", well that's a strong opinion, and you are lying because you obviously ate it once to know you didn't like it, so never is not a goof vocabulary choice. Neither is Always.

But mom taught me there is a loop hole in this thought. Its okay to say Always or Never, as long as you say them TWICE. If you mean it enough to say it two times, then its okay to use.....

And so, As of today, I am officially ready to rename my blog ALWAYS ALWAYS remembered and NEVER NEVER forgotten, just for you mom!

Its been 7 months and 7 days since my mom died, and I guess I'm finally ready to talk about it.

I am terrified that I will forget. That I will forget what she looked like, what she smelled like, her voice, but more importantly, what she taught me. I want to write down every important memory I can remember....that way she is always with me.

Plus, when I get old, I can look back on this and remember, even if its arduous.

So, this is what this blog is for from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment