Tuesday, October 7, 2014

It can't happen to me

One minute you're going about life; making plans for the future. And the next minute you are blindsided and you're whole world crumbles, like a cheap cookie in milk. 

I never imagined it would happen to me. You see bad things happen on the news, you see it on TV and you think, "what did those people do wrong that it's happening to them?" You never in your wildest dream think it will happen to you. You think, " not my family, not me". Your denial or Ignorance is your security blanket that you hold tight. 

That night, THE night,  my worst nightmere came true. And it happened to me. 

I miss you so much mom and I'm not mad that you left me anymore. I'm glad that you taught me well, sacrificed everything to give me the amazing like we had together. I'm glad I had you-even if out time was cut short. I love you always always

I used to say, "I'd give anything to just go to medical school and be a doctor". Now I wish I never had said that. Because i would much rather give up being a doctor to be with you again. So...I'm just gonna let life happen. What happens, happens. But I won't be that blind kid anymore. It could happen to me. It did happen to me. Could it hAppen to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment