Saturday, July 25, 2015

Beach blues

As I lay here in the sand and I listen to the  people chatting and the waves coming in, I just can't believe the last time I wrote to you was over a month ago. 

It feels like an eternity to me. An eon. Forever.... 

I'd like to tell you that I haven't chatted with you because I've been extra busy with school and volunteering, which I have been doing...but that's not the truth, at least not the whole truth. 

The truth is that I miss you. I miss you so much that it hurts. And I have been running from the pain. 

But, I'm back. 

Today I woke up and played with the guinea pigs (best, cutest pet ever! Why did we never have any?) then Lauren and I went to walk around the presque isle days! I saw this cute necklace I would get you, it was beach glass, then I saw a wreath we would love!!! 

There are a million things I wish I could call and tell you. I miss your voice. I feel like I might know what you would say to me, but I don't know for sure. 

I feel like there are things about you I am forgetting. Like what were your thoughts on GMOs in food? Did I ever know? 

I feel like we had a great relationship and talked about everything under the stars. You were my first best friend, and still were til the day you died.

Why am I forgetting? Why didn't I listen more? Better. Longer? 

There is so much I don't know or don't remember. 

Nevertheless I love you tons and lots! 

I think you would have loved the beach today. It was terrific. Not too hot, but warm enough to swim, and perfect weather to smile big and remember YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment